July 25, 2008

Seattle

This week in Seattle has given Heather and I the needed recovery from our two week stint in Riggins. We've eaten good food, visited old haunts, and spent time with family and friends. I love coming back to Seattle. It opens a flood gate of memories from years ago. It almost seems like a different life, perhaps more like memories from an old movie i saw a long time ago. I was 21 and life was upside down and right side up at the same time. Wanderlust, discovery, a change in direction. Leaving a part of who i had become to turn the page and start a new chapter of my life. I did not know Heather back then. It would be nearly 4 years before our paths would cross. And I'm glad they did. For someone who is driven by wanderlust and directed by a free spirit, i have never felt so free as i do with Heather. Life is beautiful.

We'll be back in Idaho this weekend. Heather has a conference in Boise, so I'll be a lone bachelor looking for some trouble! I hoping a return to Riggins will be in the cards while Heather is away and before i need to be in SLC for my bi-annual obligations at Outdoor Retailer. I don't look forward to the heat of SLC in August and would much rather be in Canada, but it's always great to see my industry friends and other athletes who i only get to see a handful of times during the year.

I finally picked up this months issue of Rock and Ice Magazine. Heather and I got word from a few other climbers while in Riggins that we were in the August issue. Kudos to Nathan for such fine photography skills. I felt it an honor to be in the same spread with Mike and Tammy too. Super cool.

Not so much about climbing in this entry. Just rambling.