July 15, 2010

what do you do for your community?

This video speaks volumes about community. It also defines my thoughts about crag secrecy in easily digestible phrases.

I came to love bouldering through my experiences in the Southeast with many of my friends in this video. Although the bouldering was amazing, it was the deeply connected community and the southern hospitality that brought bouldering to life for me.

A few years ago, Heather and I spent a couple 0f days with Mike McClure and Tammy Stowe as they showed us around Swan Falls and Reynold's Creek. I have dabbled in bouldering for many years but it was on that trip i saw bouldering in a much different light. Yet, beyond that, the hospitality from Mike and Tammy made the experience whole. Their excitment to share with us was so comfortable; like being at home.

Heart of Stone - Documentary Short from Andrew Kornylak on Vimeo.

Anytime someone wants to visit and take the tour of our community crags, come on over for a real Southeast (....Idaho) experience!