April 16, 2012

Hustle and Flow



Inspired by the Social Distortion song Hustle and Flow, my project at the Pointless Crag is now official. Cold temps, high psych and in line on the send train, it happened today on my second go!

Some of you know this last year has been somewhat difficult due to health issues. And as a result climbing was just not part of my routine. Now, feeling more healthy and able to get out on a regular basis with motivated friends, I've regained some momentum. Hustle and Flow, although somewhat of a pebble compared to my past ability, is a welcome milestone today!

The route is short with a very powerful crux with big moves, technical body positions, and sloping holds that face the wrong way. The movement is enjoyable as you progress up an ever-steepening scoop. The bolts are close and the falls are clean. I equipped the route a few weeks ago and periodically worked on it in between bolting sprees with Riley Rollins, Sam Perkins, and Stephen Elmer.

After my redpoint this afternoon, i shot a few photos of Riley and Stephen working on the route.
I'm really excited to be regaining fitness and motivation. Hopefully Hustle and Flow will be the start of a great climbing season with Heather and many of our friends!


Stephen Elmer


Riley Everett Rollins


Stephen Elmer